Health and Safety
At the Calgary Plaza Hotel, our guests and employees are our number one priority and with this in mind, we are taking the utmost care to ensure we welcome you to a safe and clean environment.
Best Western Hotels established the I Care Clean program in 2012, this program established protocols and standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all properties. In the wake of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), this program has been reviewed and enhanced to ensure the safety of our guests and employees and is now the “WE Care Clean” program, and ensures that every stay with us is safe, clean and comfortable.
Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Health Canada, the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel.
The We Care Clean program addresses the following areas in our hotel:
1. Front Desk and Lobby:
- Plexi glass screens have been installed at our Front Desk. The counter and touch points are sanitized after each guest is checked in.
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process. All employees wear gloves during the check in and check out procedures.
- All lobby brochures, magazines and papers have been removed.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Sanitizing stations are available on guest room floors, at the front desk and throughout the main traffic areas of the hotel.
2. Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols have been implemented in guest rooms.
- Guest rooms will not be entered for 24 to 72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks, TV remotes, telephones and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19. In addition all high touch point items will again be sanitized by UV wands.
- We are leveraging the latest tools, cleaners and technology aimed at killing COVID-19.
- Unnecessary items have been removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be by request.
3. Public Amenities:
- When restrictions are lifted, our fitness centers, swimming pool and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals.
4. Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment,
- Frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and after every shift.
- Employees are required to stay home if unwell, and to communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management.
The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre is the proud recipient of the AAA Best of Housekeeping Award, given to hotels who consistently maintain high standards of cleanliness.