COVID-19 Safety Protocols in Calgary
Learn About Our High Standards for Hygiene and Cleanliness
At the Calgary Plaza Hotel, our guests and employees are our number one priority and with this in mind, we are taking the utmost care to ensure we welcome you to a safe and clean environment.
Best Western Hotels established the I Care Clean program in 2012, this program established protocols and standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all properties. In the wake of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), this program has been reviewed and enhanced to ensure the safety of our guests and employees and is now the “WE Care Clean” program, and ensures that every stay with us is safe, clean and comfortable.
Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Health Canada, the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel.
The We Care Clean program addresses the following areas in our hotel:
1. Front Desk and Lobby:
- Plexi glass screens have been installed at our Front Desk. The counter and touch points are sanitized frequently.
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process. All employees wear gloves and masks during their shifts.
- All lobby brochures, magazines and papers have been removed.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations are available by the elevators, at the front desk, meeting room areas, and throughout the main traffic areas of the hotel.
- Access to guest room floors (elevators or stairwells) from the main floor of the hotel is by guest room electronic key card only.
2. Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols have been implemented in guest rooms.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service is by request only or every third day for long stay guests.
- All guest rooms and high touch points, (faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks, TV remotes, telephones and hangers) are cleaned with recommended chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
3. Public Amenities:
- Our fitness centre and indoor pool are cleaned and sanitized with recommended chemicals on a regular basis throughout the day. The fitness centre is also stocked with sanitizing wipes for personal use on equipment.
4. Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including temperature checks on arrival to the hotel and are utilizing Personal Protective Equipment,
- Frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols.
- Employee workstations are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and after every shift.
- Employees are required to stay home if unwell, and to communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management.
5. Safety and Security:
- Hotel entrances are locked nightly at 11PM through to 6AM. Access is granted by buzzer system to/by the Front Desk staff/security staff.
The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre is the proud recipient of the AAA Best of Housekeeping Award and the TripAdvisor 2021 Travelers Choice Award given to hotels who consistently maintain high standards of cleanliness.